Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Started

After calling the local building inspector, permits department and health department I can begin to plan my project.  I found out that I need to install a complete septic system prior to getting building permits, something my grandfather didn't need to do 50 years ago.

I hired a local firm near the site that will complete the survey of the land, septic plans, septic tests and complete cabin plans.  Since the property is in a seasonal area, they cannot start on the survey until the beginning of June.

This property has no utility access...AT ALL!  So a lot of thought will go into how and what I will do to have water and power.

Side note:  I was lucky enough to not have to purchase the land first, my family has land that I am using.

No comments:

Post a Comment